frequently asked questions
Don't see the answer you're looking for? Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding your questions, we remain at your service.
Why should I hire a professional makeup artist? Here are things to consider:
- High Definition Cameras
- Money spent on photography
- photos to remember & Cherish
- once in a lifetime event
- Is Airbrush ok with sensitive or acne prone skin?
- Airbrush is safe for sensitive skin and is more sanitary than traditional brush application
- Airbrush has the capability to be applied translucent to light or buildable for full coverage
How should I prepare for my professional makeup application & hair styling?
- Come with clean dry hair and a clean face with SPF free Moisturizer on face
- do not wax eyebrows 3 days prior to appointment
- bring in any inspiration images of makeup & hair
What type of eyelashes do you use? How long do they last & how do you remove them?
- Individuals & Strip Eyelashes with a variety of lengths for client look and style preference.
- They last for 24-48 hours, but we recommend you remove at night when you wash your face.
- Remove with olive oil, eye makeup remover, coconut oil or massage with facial cleansing wash
How long does a Practice run last?
- a practice run for brides are scheduled for 1 hour per makeup service & 1 hour for Hair Service
How Payment is handled for services & contracts?
- A 20% deposit of total package price is due when signing a complete contract and is non-refundable
- Remaining balance due 30 days before wedding, no penalty for early payment
- A contract will be emailed for your e-signature and filed
What types of payments do we accept?
- all major credit cards. discover, amex, visa, discover
- google pay
- chase quickpay
- cash or check
Do we have a minimum?
- In-Studio Wedding Party on Saturday - minimum 18 service pricing
- On-location for Saturdays - minimum 8 services
Wedding day service timing
- each service takes about 35-45 minutes based on look
What are the travel costs?
- On-location travel is $150 per hour to the location requested on Wedding Day per artist.
What type of make-up products do we use?
We use professional brands for the high quality pigment, lasting power, and camera ready finish. TC MAKEUP retails a professional line called Make-up Designory (MUD). At TC MAKEUP, we cherish the skin your in and are excited to share our product knowledge with you. Make-up Designory creates honest make-up products and has been their passion for the past decade. Whether you dare to be different, prefer polished and professional, or simply want an all-natural look, MUD promises quality, long-lasting wearability, flawless application and radiantly accurate color. With their systematic lines, precision tools, how-to guides and insider tips, they’ve eliminated the frustrating consumer guesswork. Just simple, smart, versatile make-up. No wonder MUD has been the expert choice of make-up professionals for the past decade.
We do carry additional products for added sparkles and glam, but keeping to cruelty free and hypoallergenic products.
What type of hair products do we use?
We use products by Lange which contain natural ingredients keeping natural oils locked in, not drying your hair.
When should you reserve your wedding date?
Typically, we book Weddings every Thursday-Sunday and 9-15 months in advance.